Welcome to the eCYBERMISSION Team Advisor Page! Here you will find all the
resources you need to help your team(s) be successful with eCYBERMISSION.
Team Advisor (TA) Role
The Team Advisor role is to support students and teams during registration, Mission Folder research and development, and during
Mission Folder submission. To learn more about the role of a TA, watch this
TA Orientation Video.
Who can be a TA?
Someone who is a teacher, coach, counselor, leader in a youth organization, or parent who is at least
21 years of age and has access to the Internet, as well as an active email address, in
order to communicate with eCYBERMISSION Mission Control.
- Register for the competition and assist your team(s) with registration.
- Review the eCYBERMISSION Rules and ensure that all team members are eligible to compete.
- Gather students in teams of two, three or four. You can have as many teams as you like.
- Place students on complete teams via your eCYBERMISSION Team Advisor Homepage after you register.
The Mission Folder
Discuss Scientific Inquiry Using Scientific Practices
or Engineering Design Process and select team path.
Ensure students are following safety rules and precautions. Complete the Risk Assessment and IRB Review and Approval Form if needed.
Ensure students do not use any items that might be determined by their school district
to be banned, prohibited, or contraband.
Review and submit the completed Mission Folder by the submission deadline (check out these important dates).
- Demonstrate and encourage respect and teamwork.
- Monitor your team(s) as they engage in any online interactions.
- Monitor the behavior and ethical conduct of your team at all times.
Should a team qualify to travel to eCYBERMISSION National Judging & Educational Event
responsibilities for the Team Advisors would also include being responsible for the
students at all times during NJ&EE beginning when the team leaves their home until the
time the team returns from the event (unless otherwise stated).
Want to know more about how the Mission Folders are judged? Take a look at our Judging page to find out more!
Get more information about the prize structure!
Find out more about the STEM-In-Action Grant
or Mini-Grant Program.
Need some help? Check out the TA Help Center!